Wednesday 10 September 2014

No tears necessary - Boohoo AW14 is perfection.

Colour me impressed by the AW14 Boohoo Press Day! Within the wonderfully kooky-majestic setting of Lost Society (so weird to be in a nightclub during the day) in Powerscourt Shopping Centre, Dublin with beautiful evening light streaming through the big Georgian windows and bloggers and press floating about with fancy lemonades or prosecco...it was kind of exactly what the doctor ordered! Sadly, I had my research in tow, weighing me down and making me the weird girl with all the bags once more but a glass of lemonade to cool me down, some sweeties snagged and nails done by the lovely people at Tropical Popical, I was human again and ready to peruse what was on display.

It was kind of love at first sight overall. The impact of the room upon first approach had me a wee bit swoony and weak at the knees. I mean, so gorgeous and affordable! Hello. Yes.

As always with Boohoo, there are key trends within the overall collection with princessy pieces, party pieces, AW boho, Boutique and punky tartan all coming together beautifully. I have my eye on quite a few pieces and all from a mixture of the collections which is somewhat unusual for me; a tartan bralet and trousers co-ord that screams a grown-up version of what I was constantly dressed in as a wee one, another co-ord of a gauzy top and skirt, a drop waist paisley number, a beyond oversized sheer plaid shirtdress, a fringed LBD and a dusty pink duster that makes me die. Plus shoes I could never walk in and hats I'd be slapped by my friends for wearing.

I'm pretty excited for it all!

But I'm really, deeply excited by the menswear. Yep, I'm not leaving you guys out for once! But I may start stealing your clothes. The menswear is pretty fashion-forward for such a mainstream highstreet brand as Boohoo and that thrills me; let's all get to experimenting with our looks. Think sport-luxe for dudes, longer hems to tees, slogans that don't make you cringe and bombers to make you gasp. It's all there.

Anyway, I've babbled for a while now. Check out the photos below and Boohoo for the items once they come on sale!

Thanks to the lovely peeps at Boohoo for having me. I ate everything...as per.








































For the dudes







What collection/pieces are exciting you?

PS If you wanna get instant coverage of events like these in the future be sure to check out my instagram and twitter accounts and give me an auld follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment