Monday 8 December 2014

Gift Guide 2014 - Irish Design

Irish Design Gift Guide



It's probably quite apparent for any regular, or even occasional, readers that I'm passionate about promoting Irish design and Irish-made products. Not all of the items here are made in the country or by small companies but some are and all are designed by Irish companies. Don't get me wrong, products from other places are also pleasing and worthwhile but I do so enjoy traditional Irish design and crafts as well as those with a contemporary twist.

The price range varies quite a bit from stocking stuffers under €5 to bigger gifts like the We Are Islanders clutch/I-Pad case. I also tried to make the items largely suitable for people across a range of age groups and genders. Several items are from Heatons and Dunnes Stores and their designer collaborations that I'm so fond of but there are also items from great Irish designers like Natalie B Coleman and small companies like Snow.

Next year is the year of Irish design so why not give someone you love a head start? I'm excited. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment